Thursday, March 17, 2011

Children and Books



Children need notebooks to learn how to write. And crayons to learn how to draw. And books to learn how to read. I know these are obvious statements, but sometimes the most obvious things aren't obvious until they are staring you right in the face. And sometimes the obvious things are the easiest to forget. (Or maybe I just need to pay more attention...)

A friend of mine teaches at a school where the children's needs are very basic. And oftentimes, her children are without notebooks, crayons, and books. They aren't getting iPads or taking field trips; the teachers are trying to figure out how to teach kids to write, without a notebook.

This week, Bon Lemon is sending books to my friend's classroom. I don't have children, and I don't know much about children's books, but some friends and I picked out our favorites and tried to find fun, new ones. We wouldn't be able to do this without the support of our trunk show hostesses and customers. Thank you ladies, for helping us spread the Bon Lemon love. Putting on something sparkly, is sending books to kids who need them.

2 comments: