Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Trunk Show Displays



One of the most difficult things about trunk shows is figuring out how to create a mini-traveling boutique in people's houses and businesses. Everyone has different tables, counters, spaces, rooms, decorations, etc. I can understand why other companies use catalogs, because moving everything from place to place is quite the logistical endeavor. And then once you get there you have to figure out how to make things look purdy. But I am an instant gratification person, so traveling salesman it is.

One of my biggest challenges has been scarves. I haven't found a good way to display them that is portable, makes them visible, and doesn't take 4 hours to set up. That is, until today. I found the perfect piece at TJ Maxx (I <3 TJ). It is a wire dress form with a skirt made of scalloped holes. So I took all of my scarves (well, not quite all of them, because I have a bajillion scarves) and made a skirt out of them. It is still a bit cluttered, but I think it looks super cute.

Here she is. In honor of her first trunk show appearance this evening, I am naming her Shannon. Cute. Cute.

4 comments:

  1. She. is. DARLING! I think that's a great way to display the scarves, my dear. You've certainly been busy this week - looking forward to seeing you again soon.

    And I heart TJ, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this reminds me a bit of the back of annie's wedding dress... so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete