Friday, May 20, 2011

Book Club/Wine Club/Bunco/Whatever You Want to Call Your Regular Get Together with Girls



I am a firm believer in the value of girlfriends. There are many moments in life that are so much easier when shared with a group of women drinking wine. (The drinking wine part is not obligatory, but there are some cute jokes about it. See photos.)

As referenced in my previous blogs, it has been a number of years since I have had a group of girlfriends to spend time with. Since moving back to Olympia, I have reconnected with and met a lot of new people, because of my business and through my incredibly social sister. And I have jumped on every opportunity to join a "book club" (and by jumped on the opportunity, I mean invited myself), "wine club," "dinner club," SCS (that one's a secret :), etc.

This week, book club and wine club were in the same week. Some might see this as overkill, but I thought it provided a nice reminder of how enjoyable different evenings can be. Some are deep and sad, others are lighthearted and fun, others can be educational, and some very special evenings combine all of these elements in one. All are valuable. And because I get my energy from connecting with other people, they leave me feeling happier than before I went.

I'm so excited about some of the women I have met, I wonder, sometimes, if I need to chill out. I am like the 4th grader with the Best Friends Forever necklace. "Oh my gosh, I so totally like you. You are so totally awesome." Hopefully, these compliments are taken for what they are, and don't tickle a Single White Female fear. (I swear I am not a stalker. Well, at least I am not going to cut my hair or anything.) I have always said part of the reason I enjoyed living in Montana is, because I like the people better. Apparently, I was overlooking some wonderful folks in Oly. Good thing 6 Par Farmer is open to spending part of the year here and part of the year in Montana. Sounds like the perfect life to me.

1 comment:

  1. Leaving my Virginia book club (member for 30 years) was the hardest part of my move West. I loved those women!

    ReplyDelete