Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Sally Hansen Salon Effects



As the proprietress of a jewelry and accessories company, people are always looking at my nails. About a month ago, I talked about my new found love in the nail polish realm, Shellac. Nail polish that doesn't chip for 14 days? Yes, please. But after repeated application, Shellac felt like some loves do: a little rigid. I didn't like having to spend an hour at the salon. I didn't like that my nails looked a little yellowish after removing the polish. And I didn't like that I was starting to notice more peeling and breaking of my nails, which defeated the purpose of the 14 day manicure.



So I went looking for a new love. And I think I have found it in Sally Hansen Salon Effects nail polish strips. These strips combine nail art which is totally awesome and in style right now. (That reminds me of the semester of school I spent in Laramie, Wyoming where I spent my free time working at the CK Chuckwagon with electric purple and chartreuse zebra striped acrylic nails. You can't make this stuff up. I loved those nails. Clearly, I was a little ahead of my time. ) I digress. The nail polish strips combine cool nail art or plain color options, with easy application, value, and convenience.

I have tried one patterned set and one glitter and I have to say, I am loving them. There is no artificial feeling, which is what I don't like about acrylics and what I started to dislike about Shellac. They last the same time as Shellac. And they are easy to put on and take off. I buy mine at drugstore.com, because they have all of the colors, free shipping, and my good friend works there. Sally Hansen Salon Effect nail polish strips are awesome. Don't fail me now, true love.

No comments:

Post a Comment