Friday, June 3, 2011

Four Generations



I promise, I am not going to be one of those aunties who constantly posts pictures of her niece drooling, sleeping, laughing, crying, etc. But yesterday, my grandmother got to meet Maebel for the first time and documenting four generations in one room seemed worthy of a post.



My grandmother didn't get to spend much time with her parents. The two Norwegian immigrants died when my grandmother was very young. They never had the pleasure of seeing my grandmother grow up, let alone meeting my father or Annie or me.



My grandma was so excited to meet her great granddaughter. It brought her tangible joy to hold her. She kept saying, "Yoo hoo," which is what my grandfather's mother (The original Mable.) used to say to babies. You couldn't help but smile. Yoo hoo!



Look at all those great mamas! We're a lucky bunch.

3 comments:

  1. Amy
    I loved the story... and the pictures are priceless.
    Little Maebel gets to meet her great grandmother.
    You all are so lucky to have her in your life..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank Jiffy! I am a lucky Auntie! XXOO

    ReplyDelete