Thursday, August 18, 2011

Something Tasty: Shakeology



I am not a shake person. I am not a processed food person in general. I like real, whole foods. Apples, yogurt, sausages, cheese, steak, chocolate.

I have always thought shakes were gimmicky and unhealthy. Until a friend of mine (who is much more committed to healthy eating and living than I am) had a Facebook post about loving Shakeology shakes. This is a friend whose elementary school age children eat sashimi and ask for dates for dessert. She's healthy.

So, I inquired about said shakes. After learning about all of the "real foods" in these shakes, I decided to give them a try. They come in chocolate and green berry. (Word on the streets is they are releasing a tropical flavor soon.) I like both flavors, but get a different flavor each month, so I don't get sick of them. There are lots of great recipes on their website. The Strawberry Cheesecake won their recipe contest last year. It is delish!



Every shake I make has cream cheese or peanut butter in it, so it works well as a meal replacement. I like them, because I am always on the go with Bon Lemon and it is nice to have a healthy option I can take with me to the office. Check out the ingredients. You won't get that at any drive-thru.

They are worth checking out. Even if you aren't a shake person. You can purchase from my friend's site.

No comments:

Post a Comment