Monday, September 12, 2011

I Want That: A Goat



So... I love goats. I have always loved goats. It started when I worked on a farm in Olympia as a teenager. I spent many an afternoon chasing and tackling escaped goats. I loved their spirit and curiosity. This love grew in 2009, when I spent some time working on a goat farm in Northern Italy. My knowledge and love of goats blossomed. (As did my love of Italy and goat cheese. Mmm...)



I really do think I need a goat. Well, not just one, because then it would be lonely. But a couple of goats. A friend of mine, North Star, is likely going to get a couple of goats to keep her chickens company. (And make delicious goat cheese.) I think I might have to move into their guest bedroom just to get my goat fix. Be forewarned North Star.

It might be a little bit before I get a goat of my own. These are the goats we used to take on daily walks through the countryside in Italy.



And this is a goat that was very curious about my traveling companion Sylvie. Like I said: curious little creatures. Love them!



I Want That: A Goat.

3 comments:

  1. Hmm. A goat? My grandmother used to have one. We loved visiting but the males are a little stinky!!! I love goat's milk cheese and soaps!! P.S. i came over from Stephanie Howell's blog! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never spent any time with goats...but I did sign up for shop emails...love your jewelry...I too came from Stephanie's blog...she is one talented lady...I am friends with her mom and see where she gets her abilities. Hugs, Betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all of Stephanie's readers! Thanks so much for visiting. XOXO

    ReplyDelete