Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Brands and Blogging





When you write a blog on Blogger, they give you all of these really cool statistics about who is reading your blog. They tell you what country they are from. How they were referred to your site. What hour they looked at the blog. Now I just want to know what they are eating and what color their socks are. I'm sure it won't be long.

I love the stats. The first thing I do when I write my blog is look at the stats from the previous day. I don't have a ton of followers of the Bon Lemon blog (my law school writing professor would say that has something to do with my skill as a writer...) but I do have a handful of followers and a spattering of others who stumble upon the blog.

I have noticed that when I blog about brands, I get a ton more readers. Especially obscure brands, like those Gidigio boots I was raving about. When you Google Gidigio there aren't a ton of other websites that pop up, so mine is one of the first. I have had people from a dozen countries all over the world read that blog. So, I thought today, I would blog about some of my favorite brands.

A few years ago, my mom discovered Yoana Baraschi at one of our favorite Seattle boutiques: The Finerie. (The Finerie has amazing range of fabulous items and the most helpful, without being annoying, owners. They are always finding you things you didn't know you wanted. We love them!) Yoana Baraschi was born in Romania and raised in a family of artists. Her designs are different and chic, with a little whimsy. I wore the plaid dress to the St. Mike's Auction last weekend. (Clearly, I looked exactly like the model.) It might have been a little spicy for the Father, but it was darn cute.

This probably doesn't qualify as a unique brand, but I am in love with Tory Burch. Her flats are perfect! They go with everything from casual to cocktail. They come in so many fun patterns and colors I have lost count. My favorite pair (I wear them ALL the time) are haircalf leopard print Revas. How can you not want to wear those everyday? I think they definitely go with my pajamas...

A more obscure, European brand, that seems to be picking up steam here in the US, is Lauren Vidal. I found a Lauren Vidal dress/tunic while in Avignon, France. It is a unique cream and white stripe with a crinkly fabric and crinkly leggings to wear underneath. It is drapey in all the right places, while still being flattering. It reminds me of the sophisticated, beautiful women in France. If you see one of her pieces, check it out!

There are a few of my favorite brands for today. We'll see if they are brands anyone else is into. The stats will be the judge :)

No comments:

Post a Comment