Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Bon Lemon Revue - Egypt Update and Yummy Crackers



-Photo courtesy of The Atlantic-

All righty... after trying to figure out how to make a cute little movie out of the video I shot for The Bon Lemon Revue, I fear the news will be old if I don't just type it out. Thanks goodness I am in the process of converting to a Mac which is sure to have some snappy video editing program. (I am a bit tech challenged.) Video Bon Lemon Revue... coming soon!

Egypt
In a nutshell, President Mubarak stepped down (through the VP) on Friday. The protesters were super excited, as this was their main goal, but they had some further demands. In line with their demands, the military has since dissolved the parliament and suspended the constitution until legitimate elections can be held. (Probably 6 months.) The "caretaker cabinet" Mubarak created back in January will remain in an administrative role until the elections take place. The military has said they will abide by the peace treaties with Israel, which was a big concern for many interests worldwide.

This is a big win for democracy. The authoritarian dictator is out. The other politicians elected in rigged elections are out. But who is in? That remains the BIG question. What is next? Stay tuned for more on the (hopefully) video Revue.

Cocktail Talk: "That Mubarak was a nut ball dictator." "Did you know the whole revolution started on Facebook?" "I'm so glad they are keeping the peace with Israel. That could get nasty. Like Lindsay Lohan in rehab nasty."

Ines Rosales
I am obsessed with these crackers. Obsessed. They are the perfect combination of sweet, savory, crunchy, mmmmm. I like the blue package which is sweet olive oil. They are made in Spain. Of course they are delicious! Try them. You won't regret it.



Photo courtesy of www.foodonfifth.com

2 comments:

  1. Once I can figure out how to make my video camera work it will be even better :)

    ReplyDelete