Monday, February 28, 2011

Our Newest Addition to the Bon Lemon Family: Maebel





Some of you know my sister is pregnant. She is having a girl and ever since I found out I haven't been able to resist bloomers, burp rags, onesies and other assorted baby goods. I'm already in love. The little one's name is going to be Maebel. Mae for short. After my great grandmother. I think it would be pretty safe to say: I am excited to meet Maebel!

Recently, I commissioned Starview Sonnet to create a custom dress form for Bon Lemon. Cori (the fabulous owner) said she liked to name the dress forms and asked if I had any idea what I would like to name my sweet dress form. I bet you can't guess what I said... Maebel, of course! A homage to the unborn. And if Maebel is half as fabulous as this custom dress form, the world (and my brother-in-law) better watch out.

A little bit about Maebel from Cori's Etsy page which can be found at www.etsy.com/shop/autumnlady18

She starts out as a brand new high quality dress form with a beautifully finished black wood base. Her height is adjustable to your preference.

She was transformed into a one-of-kind piece of art with paper and fabric. Her "skin" is done in a flesh color paper. Fabric is used to create the beautiful "dress" that is done in horizontal stripes on the top and vertical stripes on the bottom.

This form also features the name Bon Lemon across the bottom. Artwork is featured in the "belt" area. In this case we used lovely vintage lemons to complement the feel of this fresh piece. On the back a subtle vintage moth image is added to the small of her back. This particular form also has a meaningful quote featured at the back of the form. "when life gives you lemons... put on something sparkly."

As an added accent, a vintage doily was used down the front of the bodice. The crowning glory on this form is a porcelain black and white vintage inspired door knob on top. It's kind of like the "cherry on top". This special touch really makes this piece sing."


Cori is so creative and easy to work with and her pieces are very reasonably priced. (Dress forms are a little spendy to begin with.) If you need a dress form for your walk-in closet, boutique, or daughter's room, I highly recommend Starview Sonnet. (And she is based in Walla Walla wine country. How fabulous is that!)

http://starviewsonnet.blogspot.com

She writes a great blog and does lots of other fun things with vintage objects. I feel so lucky to have found her on Etsy! Check her out! (My links still aren't working. Trying to figure that out...)

4 comments:

  1. Amy!

    What a wonderful post your wrote about Maebel.

    It made me smile. It made me very proud. It made me so happy that you are happy.

    Thank you so much for your very kind words.

    Love customers like you!

    Best,

    Cori

    ReplyDelete