Thursday, April 28, 2011

Shoes are Pretty



In my family, when holidays like Easter roll around, the Easter Bunny doesn't bring us a basket filled with chocolate and wind up toys, the Easter Bunny brings us shoes. This year, Easter brought an invitation to spend a girls day in Seattle and pick up a pair of shoes or a spring frock. My mother knows what we like.

So, off we went to Clementine in West Seattle, because my sister and mom have been following them online and have been very impressed with their selection. We were not disappointed. The cute little shop is eclectic and unique and the ladies there are lovely. I found not one, but two, pairs of FABULOLUS shoes!

Both pairs are by United Nude, which I have seen before, but wasn't totally familiar with. United Nude is the brainchild of Rem Koolhaas. He is an architect and visionary whose building designs are over-the-top and fabulous. (His firm did the Seattle Library.) His shoes are equally interesting and structurally adventurous.

The first pair of shoes are named after Charles and Ray Eames and are quite a site to look at. Invisible heel. Buttery leather. They are even comfy. (Thank you Easter Bunny.)



And I just couldn't resist the second pair. They were literally singing my name. I am a big fan of Tory Burch flats, but these take it to the next level. And the color. I just drooled a little bit. LOVE.

If you are in need of some unique kicks and want friendly customer service in a unique setting, head to Clementine's. I am confident you will fall in love with United Nude. But if it is a little edgy for you, there are a host of other interesting finds. (And did I mention how nice they are?)

No comments:

Post a Comment