Monday, April 25, 2011

Wet Weather Style Tips

Burberry Prorsum double breasted jacket
$2,595 - net-a-porter.com

Boot
$80 - amazon.com

Nicole Farhi woven leather handbag
320 GBP - nicolefarhi.com

Moma umbrella
$40 - momastore.org

Ring
bonlemon.com

The Life of a Lioness
prettylittlelion.blogspot.com



It is wet here in Washington, today. Dressing for the weather can be kind of like dressing for a party. You get to wear things you wouldn't wear otherwise. I mean, Hunter rain boots are kind of dumb in Laguna Beach. But here, cute, functional clothing is a necessity. And if you hunt down some key pieces, you can be dry, stylish, and comfy. Because, let's be honest, those ladies who can walk in 4 inch heels and a mini skirt in a snow storm are impressive, but that aint happenin' for this girl.

I have created a little Polyvore set to give you a few wet weather style tips. Since, we are in a shoulder season, I think you can mix up spring and winter styles and colors. Last week, when it was warm and sunny, I wore white pants. Gasp. Today, I am wearing a leopard print, angora beret. It is just that time of year. So for April's showers, play with color and texture. Mix it up.

I find that my feet and lower legs sweat in rain boots, so I am always looking for an alternative. These Sperrys are cute, affordable, and functional. The Burberry jacket is to-die-for and would keep you buttoned up when the wind started to gust. When the rain leaves your hair either frizzy or flat, I find a Pretty Little Lion hair flower keeps you looking polished, despite the elements. And the spring colors are a cheery addition to any room. A Bon Lemon cocktail ring does wonders to keep your spirits high when it is gray and gloomy. This one is refined and classic. We also have colorful animals for those looking to really spice things up.

And the handbag. I am just down right obsessed with this bag. I love woven leather. And the color! Nicole Farhi is now on my radar. It is perfect for this time of year. Top things off with a chic, bright umbrella from Moma and you are tres chic, raining or not. Don't let the rain falling from the sky get you down. Think about July and how green and sunny it will be. And think about how hot you look.

No comments:

Post a Comment