Monday, May 16, 2011

Waiting is Pretty



I have three friends who are currently on the verge of child birth. These ladies have waited 9 months for the little human in their belly to show their shining face. And they are almost here. Yay!

When my mom had my sister, she was 3 weeks late. Yes. 3 weeks. No accredited doctor today would allow this. Let's just say, Sister was cozy. And back then, they let babies be cozy.

I think waiting for a baby to be born is pretty awesome. (I realize most woman who have "waited" for a baby are muttering under their breath about how I clearly have never been pregnant and don't understand how uncomfortable you are after growing a baby in your belly for 9 months. Yeah. I know. I am naive.) The little future president/roller derby player/novelist/deadbeat are just hanging out in there. Growing. And floating around. And when they are good and ready, they will decide to come out. But until they are ready, they just hang out. Floating around.

These days you can surgically remove a baby whenever you want, but I think the waiting part is pretty cool. It reminds you, there are things greater than yourself.

And who knows, you baby might grow up to be as awesome as this stud. If we could all be so lucky.

3 comments:

  1. CA will be the one to schedule the C-section on the day she finds out she's preggers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this ... I am trying to be patient, as I wait on my little novelist/hocky player/rodeo queen. Love to your sister.

    ReplyDelete