Friday, March 15, 2013

Bon Lemon + The Farmstead = ♥ (aka Farm Animals Wearing Sparkly Things)

The Dolores Necklace has never looked better.
Let me start from the beginning.  There was this woman on Facebook posting these FABULOUS pictures of her farm and all of her sweet, furry friends.  Occasionally, she would sprinkle in one of her wearing something fantastic amongst the animals.  I loved it.  I love anything unexpected.  Dresses and goats.  Potato chips and chocolate.  So for me, it was girl crush at first sight.  But I still didn't really know who was behind these wonderful pictures. 

Aren't they just the cutest?
After a fair amount of online and offline stalking, I discovered my girl crush had a name, Rachael Taylor.  She lives at The Farmstead in Olympia, Washington with her hubby Nick.  They share the sort of relationship with such an authentic sweetness it makes you feel happy inside.  When they would coo across the barnyard, "Babe?"  "Yeah, babe." Instead of gagging, I found myself grinning from ear to ear.  Cuteness!  Both are Air Force Academy grads and have lots of interesting stories from the farm and beyond.  If you want to read more of them, check this out.

This is Bjorn wearing a green turquoise Annie's necklace.

I started dreaming about a photo shoot collaboration between The Farmstead and Bon Lemon.  For those who don't know me personally, I am not particularly shy.  (And I LOVE goats!)  So, I sent Rachael a message asking about taking some pictures of her goaties, lambs, ducks, sheep, and pigs wearing Bon Lemon sparkle.  Because she is as fabulous as I had imagined, she said yes!  I was beyond delighted.  We set to planning a date.
  
Duck Duck looking chic in Alexis Bittar.
After one skipped meeting due to weather, we happened upon a Sunday filled with sunlight.  It was the PERFECT day for our shoot.  It was so much fun to see all of these agreeable animals bedazzled in all sorts of sparkle, from Sweaty Bands to scarves.  

GoGo is quite possibly the most friendly AND best dressed goat out there.
Rachael and Nick worked well together, softly encouraging the animals to model for the camera.  Some took to it a bit more naturally, but the uniqueness of each one was so great.  I just found myself walking around grinning at everyone.  Who needs mood enhancing drugs when you have goats, I say.  

This one speaks for itself.
The Farmstead will be raising animals this year for sale.  If you need pork or lamb, I highly recommend you shoot them a note.  They take free range to a fabulous new level.  (I don't think many animals have this much fun.)

Piggies looking snazzy in their fancy hair flowers from One.Striped.Heart.
For every business or great idea, there is a tipping point.  Something that leads to the change you are trying to create.  The flood of orders you are hoping for.  The catalyst for the impact you want to make on the world. Or the notoriety you need to inspire millions of people.  (The last one is my personal goal in life.)  We hope that Jesse, GoGo, Bjorn, DuckDuck, Mrs. Robinson, Sampson, Delilah, and Sweet Lamb will be just that for The Farmstead and Bon Lemon. 

Lulu looks quite regal in her scarf.  Her wool will be used to knit someday.  Completing the circle.
Here's to making the world a better place with fun things like farm animals wearing jewelry.  (It truly is the little things.)  We hope we inspired you to do something fun or just made you smile.  The furry folks on the farm will be happy to hear you enjoyed their modeling skills. 

Sweet Lamb wearing a locally made necklace by one of our very favorite designers, C Rose.
If you are interested in any of the jewelry shown, check out Bon Lemon.  If you are interested in learning more about the farm and their animals, check out The Farmstead.

I will be off finding a goat of my own.


2 comments:

  1. Ha ha I love Lulu the best! The look on her face says "What the hell have I got myself into at this farm"??? Beautiful jewelry! I'll have to stop by this summer when visiting Rach and Nick!
    Mama Taylor-Cincinnati, Ohio

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to meet you! Your son and daughter in law are my new inspirations for a life well lived. See you soon!

    ReplyDelete