Thursday, March 7, 2013

Life Sucks


I have been thinking about writing this blog all day.  I have been thinking about what I want to say and how I want to say it.  And now that I am cuddled up in my chair with my Theo caramels, (yum!) I realized something.  Everything I want to say, I have already said before.  In fact, the blog I wrote on March 4th is only a slightly different version of what I wanted to say today.  Life is what you make of it, not what happens to you.  Blah, blah, blah.  Boring!  Nobody is going to read this blog if I keep repeating myself. 

What I realized is that is kind of how it is in life.  You feel centered, inspired, and grateful and then something happens and your mindset become selfish or frustrated.  Life is comprised of ups and downs and attempting to make it anything else just won't work.  It will never be all bad, and it will never be all good.  That can be comforting and unsettling.  

There will always be people who are better and worse off than we are.  There will always be someone with more success and with more suffering than we have.  There will always be a reason to be thankful and a reason to complain.  Maybe one of you is going to become a Buddhist monk and stop being bitchy, ungrateful or grumpy, but I accept I will probably be all of those repeatedly throughout my life.  And I will also be kind, thankful, and happy. It is all just a big game and I am trying to get better at it as I go along.  I am competitive so life is no exception.  I want to be really good at life.  :)


Today, I complained about the things that haven't gone right this week.  Tomorrow, I will be thankful for all of the things that go right every day.  And the next day...  Well, who knows.  Thanks to my repetetive blog for reminding me, life is pretty darn fun if you let it be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment